Saturday, March 20, 2010

bye...California

Just when I thought the weather in OK will be as nice as that in CA (it's March already after all), another snow storm hit oklahoma again! I'm glad i'm home and not stuck at the airport!

After a week in California, I left my heart there >.< onblur="try {parent.deselectBloggerImageGracefully();} catch(e) {}" href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhBOsMTUqQK7ztQIMC1C8kIrf5Qxmhvfy2rPS-shBMfk0413eFgzVe19rf8jucQjksx4tQcoIK5cqQzke1J6cL3zJE3tmQRVCSE1TsaxCKbsCTuCTC6ZyoyACQ4ULEIHpj_iS86/s1600-h/handmade+presents.jpg">
I made the match box for easter goodies using this template
Mirkwood Designs

I actually used the "card template" on Mojo Monday challenge and then made it into a box.


And I decided to make her a headband for her bday.

A trip to hobby lobby for my very first fabric shopping left struggling in choosing which type of fabric I should use. In the end, I managed to buy 3 types of fabrics in 3 different shades of pink. I have to say I'm really pleased with my first try!

I followed the tutorial from life's little embellishment to make the roses.
I bought a headband from Wal-Mart and wrapped it with pink ribbon. I urged Celeste to open the presents despite her mom's initial disapproval. I forgot how rough 6 yrs old (girl) can be when opening presents. Anyway, she seemed to like it and wore it right away ^.^


No comments: