Thursday, January 01, 2009

New Year


I spent the first day of 2009 baking cup cakes and cleaning the kitchen... my roommie would be proud of me for cleaning the kitchen while she's away!

I just had the sudden urge to bake cupcakes.... and I finally learned how to make frosting... haha...

3,2,1...The fireworks lighted up, colored papers were released... couples were seen kissing and smiling despite the cold weather in NYC. That's the scene from Times Square..."the center of the world". It's 2009 in NYC but it's an hour shy of the new year in my place... I was browsing the Net, then it was 5 minutes before the midnight strike... flipped through the channel and found a live show from downtown okc... Yeah, its officially 2009!!!

For 3 consecutive years, i spent my Christmas and New Year at home... I was glad that I was warm not freezing cold like those people in times square or downtown okc... but i suddenly missed the new year countdown at Orchard Road... the decoration... the atmosphere... or did I? I hate the crowded streets, the pushing and jostling... but for 3 years of spending my winter break in Stillwater... I really missed Orchard Road... It surprised me too...THREE YEARS!!! Next year would be my fourth and hopefully my last winter in Stillwater... Well, i kinna hope this year was the last as i hope to be away from Stilly next winter.

I will miss 2008 as I would anticipate what 2009 in store for me.

No comments: