THe game was really exciting and entertaining! THe referee wasn't "lunatic" also. It's really a great game. (Yeah, I also learnt that Pololski can take free kick!!! But sorry, I'm on ARgentina side this time.) I was so happy when Ayala scored and i really thought that Argentina will win. But all that feeling changed when Argentina keeper was injured and was substituted by an inexperienced keeper. Argentina really need to produced a world class goalkeeper too, not just a world class striker, midfielder or defender!!!
And Riquelme was substituted!!! The coach was really confident of winning i think. But Klose scored! "When we think he's not playing well, he scored!" Great!!! Argentina made their 3 substitution and Messi and Saviola were on the bench!!! I really don't know what went through the coach's mind, not playing messi or saviola when Riquelme was alrealy gone. I really hope that Argentina could play strong and beat Germany. Go Argentina!!!
Extra time over. Penalty shoot-out next!
I don't have confidence in ARgentina goalkeeper!
I think Germany will triumph this penalty shoot-out!
I hope i'm wrong!!!

I knew it!
Germany won!!!
The coach should not have taken out Riquelme and should put in Messi!!! It's down to a different level without Riquelme!!!! Argentina needed a playmaker to help them to control the game for them but they didn't have one!!! That, I feel, cost them the game. Well, using the favorite quote of Jose Mourinho, " The better team lost today!"

Now, I must find new team to support! May be I will support Germany!!! Let me think about it. I really don't want Brazil to win again and even more for not wanting England to win it ( not that i think they are capable of it, but ...)
Here's some excerp from the Canadian Press
"It was a very emotional game, worth a quarter-final," Argentina coach Jose Pekerman said. "Argentina played like a favourite, played well." (me: yeah, may be you need to think of better tactics next time, but Good job , Argentina!!)
Before the shootout, backup goalkeeper Oliver Kahn shook hands with Lehmann as he sat on the ground waiting for the penalty kicks to start. The two had been rivals for the starting spot before the World Cup.
Kahn, who started for Germany at the last World Cup when it lost to Brazil in the final, was dropped by Klinsmann in April.
(Me: That's so nice a gesture from Oliver Kahn! Teammates have to work together you know!)
No comments:
Post a Comment