
I retraced my footsteps, walked down the memory lane on Friday. I was filled with nostalgia walking into the school compound. Two years since I graduated, but the school still looked the same. Some minor changes here and there, but it's still looked the same as when I was a student there.
The parade square when we had to religiously go every morning before the start of lesson to sing the national anthem, the garden, the staff room, the classrooms, the science practical labs...the teachers. For four years, 6 hours, sometimes 8 to 10 hrs, a day five to six times a week, I spent my time there- learning, building rapport...sleeping, daydreaming(who don't?). I know I would miss those time, but it never occurred to me that I would miss them sooooo sooooo much, especially last year when I started my uni edu. in a foreign land. How I miss the classrooms, how I miss my classmates, how I miss my teachers and their teaching methods!
From third floor to the first, we walked through the classroms, the physic, biology, chemistry labs. I never liked science practical much, but looking at the empty lab, images for us in there diligently trying to finish our practical came back before me. We scratched our brain trying to figure out where're our classroom and others used to be 2 years ago.
My alma mater... holds my many bitter-sweet memories of my 4 years of secondary school life. It's where I met my closer friends, it's where I gained knowledge, it's where I went through the toughest period of my academic life thus far.
No comments:
Post a Comment