Tuesday, August 07, 2007

second time proves to be harder

my departureday islooming closer and closer day by day. In the blink of an eye, it will be Saturday, and it's time to say goodbye again...till next year? Three months seem long, but it's not long enough. I know it's inevitable, but stil it's hard to accept. The second time proves to be more difficult. This time I would not have my family as companion, I could not take solace in the unknown for I know what to expect, and what awaits my return.

Stillwater ain't that bad. It's where:
- I got a real taste of absolute independence.
-I earned my first penny.
-I did my household chores by myself.
-I was able to return home in the wee hours without feeling guilty for worrying my mum.
-I felt homesick to be bone- missing my family and friends like never before. And hence, I'm able to live with it. Trained my emotional toughness, I would say)
-I know that there's such thing as "second class cousin" and how it felt to be one. (this isn't a good one, but again training my emotional toughness, and learnt that who you consider relatives may be worse off than your friends whom you share no blood tie with).

Still, I yearn for the other S- Singapore!

No comments: