Monday, August 13, 2007

I'm finally back at this quaint Stillwater. Our trip was not as smooth as we planned it, but it could be worse. We were stranded on the plane for 6 freaking long hours. Thought that we could save some time by taking the non-stop flight from SIN-LAX, but in the end, we had to wait for 6 hours on the plane after we landed as the computer system in the custom was down. Then, we went to the hotel for the night. Luckily, I booked the hotel already. Otherwise, we would be spending the night at the airport. Hotels were fully booked due to the computer break-down. Before that, we couldn't watch the movies as the movie system for our row was down. WE could only play games :S

As if things couldn't be worse, when we checked in for the domestic flight, we were told that our luggage was over the weight limit of 50lbs. Ani & Ana had to pay $100 for the 2 luggage. Actually, there were four, but they were only charged for 2 *grin* (later, we learnt that international passengers are allowed up to 70lbs)! The price to pay for experience! Mine was 1.5 lbs heavier, but wasn't charged.

ONly 1 sticker came out for my luggage and I had 2! I weren't allowed to print anymore by the stupid com! Anyway, I then decided to carry the smaller luggage and when we reached the custom (the scanning), I just remembered that I had shampoo n lotion in the luggage. WE quickly got out of the queue and panickly thought of things that we could do with the luggage. Then, i decided to queue at the "odd-size luggage check-in". It had the shortest line and I thought I could just ask the person in-charge if there's anyway I could check in my luggage again. As it turned out, he just asked me for my boarding pass and as my flight was delayed till 1.30 pm (it was 10.30am), there was still time to transfer my luggage and ta da, I could check in my luggage. I was actually rather surprised that it was so smooth! But i couldn't complain, can I? *phew. Enough trouble for 2 days already! Kinna worried when I next travel!

Also, my uncle passed away on Sunday. He looked okay when we visited him on Friday....

No comments: