Wednesday, August 29, 2007

I'm soooo ashamed of myself! I just realized how spoilt a child I am! Well, I know i'm spoilt- my mum always do most of the things (cook, laundry...) for me, then any other technical stuffs, my dad is always there to fix it.But I just don't know that i'm that spoilt. So, here I am in USA and i find myself lost not knowing what to do when things happened. Yeah, even after a year in USA, I should at least learn how to be independent and do things on my own, right? For the record, I cook and do my own laundry, but for the most of the things that my dad used to do for me, I'm still trying to do those myself...

Anyway, now that I have some friends already, I tend to ask them for help instead. Haha...

What I'm trying to share here is that the chain of my bicycle came loose (or whatever the term is). Basically, I couldn't paddle the bike. I tried to meddle with the chain, but didn't quite know what to do.

When at work, I tried to ask Sho, he's a new worker, a Japanese (many japanese there), if he had a bike or if he knew how to fix my bike. He doesn't have a bike (as he has a car). But he offered to take a look at my bike and see what he can do. I was quite surprise by this sudden kind gesture. So we exchanged numbers.

After 3pm, he called me to say that he's outside my apt and he brought 2 other friends, Hiro and Koichi (they worked at pistol too and Koichi just lived NW from my apt).Hiro managed to fix the chain of my bike in like seconds, and he did this while I was on the phone with Sho, making my way to the front door. Hiro said, "You should know how to fix this yourself" I tried to defend myself by saying that I tried to move the chain, but it wouldn't move. Revelation it was when he told me that I should move the lower chain not the top. 3 guys looking at me as if i'm dumb (actually, i think only Hiro did). I'm not dumb, just ignorant (nvr pay attention when dad fixed my bike, cause I just left him to do all the work and enjoyed myself :P ) Still, I really feel stupid! May be I shouldn't have agreed to Sho's offer. If I knew he would bring 2 other people... but of course he had to ask for help. He doesn't really know how to fix bike and if he came alone it would be like the blind leading the blind. Well, I think I do need this "wake up call"!

Anyway, Liverpool trashed Toulouse 4-0!!!

No comments: