Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Homecoming



Friday was the Homecoming. And OSU football team lost. How embarrising was that to lost at home on Homecoming day! They lost 25-27 to Texas A&M. Watched the match on tv. First time watching football match. I didn't understand a thing, except when they scored a touch down. And every few minutes of playing, they would have a sudden time-out and the band would play or a women riding a horse would cicle round the football field or a group of men and women in army clothing would perform weird stuff, 4 of them would carry a board on which one of their members did push-ups. It's so weird and I hated it when the match suddenly went for time-out. There's no flow at all. It's irritating really to have a time-out and have all sorts of people doing some weird stuffs. Anyway, the weather was really bad! It was freezing out there. The wind was blowing and sent shiever down my spine when I was walking home from work. When I reached home, my ears pained so much and my head spinned! I thought I was going to faint!

According to Wikipedia, "Homecoming is an annual tradition of the United States of America. Peoples, towns, high schools and colleges come together, usually in late September or October, to welcome back former residents and alumni. It is built around a central event, such as a banquet, football game, basketball game, or an ice hockey game. When celebrated by schools, the activities vary widely. However, they usually consist of a football game played on the school's home football field, activities for students and alumni, a parade featuring the school's marching band, and the coronation of a Homecoming Queen (and at many schools, a Homecoming King). Related "Homecoming Dances" can be either boy ask girl or Sadie Hawkins style".

The fountain had changed color to Orange with regards to this event.

Kokogi told me that OSU has the best homecoming celebration in America. But I didn't enjoy it very much though. Too many people. It's like Chinatown during Chinese New Year!


No comments: