Went to have dinner with Tomtom last night at The Hideaway. Again, I forgot to bring my camera, so couldn't take the 18 inch pizza! It's the first time the four of us, we're called "the rabbits" by our families as the four of us are born in the year of Rabbit, had a meal togther. Sweet! As we walked to the bus stop, couldn't help but notice the bright full moon in the dark cloudness night sky. It gave me a serene feeling. And yup today is Mid-Autumn Festival. No mooncake, no lantern for me :(
I heard there's some sort of Mid-Autumn Festival Celebration. When we went to the lawn, we heard a guy rappin. Celebrating Mid-Autumn Festival with rapping??? We learnt that it is organized by the Asian American Student Association (or whatever the organization is called). This is the first time I get upclose to asian american. They're more like American than Asian to us. It's good that they have an interest to their roots, but come on, rapping in Mid-Autumn Celebration??? It's so far off. The least they could do is to do some research about the festival and if they really didn't know what to do to kill time before the main event started, they could play some asian musics or share their previous Mid-Autumn Festival experience or some other thing related to Mid-Autumn Festival. I also notice the head of the lion? I don't know what it's called it's the thing used to perform Lion Dance. Another off theme for Mid-Autumn Festival! *shake head* May be I should organize next year. Haha.... Well, I need to join some organization first. I have decided to join organizations next yer. For the time being, i just want to concentrate on getting use to live in Stillwater.
*sigh* Sung failed his practical test :( No car for another week. I thought that if he pass, then he could rent a car then go somewhere during the fall break. But, well...
No comments:
Post a Comment