The four of us had to go up and reload two lousy carts! And we were complaining all the way. Yoshi and Sung were saying that we all should just go home and let them handle all the cleaning! Daphie and I agreed. But of course we couldn't do that :( Yoshi wanted to quit the housekeeping job too. See, I think we are the only stupid international students who do such a job! Well, u learn from experience! We received an email, saying that the restaurant at the hotel is looking for people to wash the dish. The pay is 5o cents higher and u only need to work for a certain time. If I remember correctly, 8 to 11.30am every weekend. That is so much better than doing housekeeping job!
Sung finished first, Daphnie needed to leave to go to Kansas. Yoshi and I were doing out last room. In the room, we talked about quitting this job and joked around. Then we were discussing what we should do next when we'd done our rooms (It's still early only 2pm. We definitely weren't allowed to go home) We didn't want to find Tommy as he would definitely ask us to do some other things or help others do their jobs :( So we do our last room slowly, then walk around before Sandie saw us. He told us that Tommy wanted us to help Charlotte. We said ok. We helped Charlotte cleaned her rooms ( Charlotte is nice. We don't mind helping her, but not Mable, Camela or Sheila!). Then after we finish helping Charlotte, Sandie told the three of us that Tommy wanted to see us. She mentioned something about the laundry. So, we were thinking of places to hide so that Tommy would not find us. We saw the laundry bags outside the laundry rooms and agreed that we didn't want to do the laundry! So we walked around, help throw the rubbish, then after much thought, and the instant grumbling of our stomach, we decided to go to Subway, a few block away from the hotel to get something to eat. So off we go. I still couldn't believe we did just that- taking French leave! Haha... But it was fun!
And since I happened to bring my camera along, I decided to preserve this rare moment in the form of photos!

Sung and Yoshi
Me eating cookie
Yoshi
A mexican restaurant opposite the Subway. I think it's cute, the cactus and all!
Then after around 20 min, we decided to go back and we would Tommy that we looked for him everywhere and couldn't find him. So we decided to go to the Student Union to buy some snacks from the vending machine. We didn't have our lunch! When we went back, we saw some of the other housekeepers going home. So we were thinking that we should be able to go home too! We quickly go to find Tommy, then we saw the "laundry guys" were there to do the laundry which means that we were free to go! Indeed, we were :D We should do this more often! Haha...
No comments:
Post a Comment