Liverpool lost!!! I hate it when Rafa said that "we should have won". Liverpool didn't win period! I know it's just an encouragement, a way not to blame your team. But if you said this almost everytime u lost a game, it's irritating!!!
I had my History exam today. And i'm done!!! My right hand was aching from all the writing. I had to write 2 essays!!! I didn't sleep till 1am last night. I survived with 6 hours of sleep and luckily, i managed to remember almost everything I "squeezed" into my brain last night. I hope I did well. I would be extremely disappointed if I didn't get an A!!! Then, went to Tomtom's home. This was the first time I went there since I moved. Sung took his driving test while I waited at Tomtom's home. The four of us actually wanted to go shopping after sung's test. But didn't do so. I watched Death Note and wanted to watch it till the end. Besides, sung and thomas got a headache from the lack of sleep the previous night. haha.. The After Christmas Sale was on. I wanted to buy some outerwear,and my mum wanted me to help her buy a coat. Well, Death Note's quite interesting. I couldn't believe that Light killed his gf!!! He's a real devil!!! Ok, so Sung passed his test. This means that he would have a car soon and weekends would be more fun!!! Yeah!!!
Dr. Logan, my history teacher, was funny today. He said matter-of-factly that we would forget all that we have learnt as soon as we leave the room, but he didn't mind. At least he's successful to instil in us chronological things ( forgot the word he used). Like at least we know that the Civil War did not happen in the 1990s. It happened way back. Haha...
What did I learnt from this History lesson?
- The Civil War was btw the North and South,and was largely caused by slavery issues.
- Pearl Harbor was a bad history movie ( according to my teacher). He was disagreed with how FDR was depicted and how the nurse seemed to be everywhere. She was either an army nurse or a navy nurse, she couldn't be both!
- The story "Wizard of the Oz" was about populism. Dorothy was from Kansas- a populist state.
- Cheerleaders were used to distract the oppossing football team, and to cheer the team. This was modelled after the warrior theory (forgot the correct term). The warriors would always have women behind them.
- US can be considered an empire and it has colonies, such as puerto rico. However, they were not called colonies, but "protectorates".
there're many more things that I learnt. History may be boring, but it helped to make sense of things that people do or create today!
No comments:
Post a Comment