Sunday, December 24, 2006

Night at the museum was funny. But too much graphical things which made it very unreal. But it's funny! My first trip to the cinema here. The cinema was very small. And it's free sitting. I didn't know this at first. And i was wondering where's the no. for the seats as I looked at my ticket. That's so stupid of me!

I'm so full now. Went to eat buffet after the movie. Well, there's not much option. Almost every shops and restaurant closed!!! And Stillwater is like a dead city! It's so quiet it's creepy! There wasn't much decorations, it didn't feel like christmas at all!!! U know Orchard felt more like "America" than Stillwater. I think when people think of America, the America they had in mind was New York or LA. What u saw in most movies and american tv shows are always set in these two places. So that's the America that we, asians or non-american, are exposed too. I watched a food show, one of Rachel Rays' show. I think she's in Philadelphia, and was about to take a train. The conductor asked where she's from, and she said "New York". Then, the conductor told her, "Welcome to America!". Rachel Rays just laughed out loud at this. But this shows that the America that we are exposed to or thought are America, it not really America. In fact, in small cities and states like Stillwater, oklahoma and Philadelphia, u can see the real america (don't ask what's the real america is. I don't really know. This is just purely my thought). But what I'm trying to say is America is a big country and it's not as glamous as we thought it is. That's my point. If u don't get it, then forget what I have just said.

No comments: