The roads are covered in ice. I'm sure u could skate on the road! I hate it!!! I thought snow on the roads was bad enough, but this is definitely worse!!! Luckily, I didn't fall down. I hope my luck will continues till all the ice melts.
*sigh* i wish i have good friends here. I have some friends, but we are not that close. They are more than acquaintances, but not as close as friends should be. I miss having friends around to talk to, go out with, do things togehter. And with such a cold weather, it would be nice to have friend, at least one, who could warm my day. Whenever I saw a group of people talking together while waiting for bus, it reminded me of my zhss days. If I could turn back the time, I would talk with people more often. I would be more outgoing. I realized that I've never really watch a movie or go out with my classmates, except for class gathering. *sigh* I tried to be more daring and talk to persons sitting beside me in the class sometimes, but we usually just exchange a couple of words and then silence. I really don't know how to strike and/or maintain a conversation :(
My dad always asks if i have friends and if I wanted to transfer to another school which have more indonesian students. But i told him that i'm ok. WEll, i am ok. Yeah, i don't really have a friend, and my cousins are so disappointing (not up to my expectations in terms of the way they should treat me!!! I treat them nicely ok!) , but moving to another place means starting all over again. I just settled in here and i don't want to move to another place and have to adjust to the environment all over again. Besides, I don't think i need Indonesians as friends. Of course it would be nice to have people of the same nationality as you. But my problem is. I prefer to have a Singaporean friend. I feel that this is largely due to the fact that majority of my friends are s'porean and I have been living a singaporean lifestyle, speaking the singapore way. I could easily pass as a singaporean. I feel uncomfortable talking to "fellow" indonesians actually. I could understand them, but I could not really converse in bahasa indonesia as fluently as I used to. I've speaking english (or singlish) and mandarin most of the time, even with my parents. My bahasa indonesia (oral) is very rusty now. So, I think whenever i talk to any indonesian, i become very self-conscious. I don't want to make a fool or embarrassed myself- an Indonesian who doesn't know how to speak bahasa indonesia properly. Language have a huge impact in building a friendship.
All i'm asking for is a friend whom i could click with and hopefully share the same perceptions about life in general. This would definitely makes the next three or four years of my life more cheerful (i'm hoping it would be 3yrs cause i can't wait to move to another city. Then, my bro n sis can come and join me. Stillwater or Oklahoma is just so boring. I wanted to go to chicago. Uni. of Chicago, I heard, has a good business sch. I've given up hope in going to my dream uni- Stanford. But i can't help but wonder aft graduating from OSU, will I miss stillwater? I hope I won't. But I think I know what the answer will be :( ) Anyway, back to friend issue. I'm still looking for the right friend (sounds like I'm looking for a bf. haha... well, as a matter of fact, i'm keeping a look out for one. But if i can't even have a proper friend, what chance do i have for finding a bf?)
No comments:
Post a Comment