Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Elementary Calculus Exam tmr. I feel calm. I feel very confident, actually and because of this, I'm worried! The irony! I mean, I have revised and almost 90%of the stuff going to be tested, i have learnt before. It's like no brainer! But I have this huge problem with nerves and this problem always, always come in my way, especially with Maths. In PSLE and in O level! I hope I will read the questions properly and not make unnecessary careless mistakes!!! If I didn't get A or close to full mark score, I will be so embarrased. I have a high expectation on my maths!!! It's been my best subject!!! I hope i did well. Ok, I shall not think about this and pressurize myself! Canthini, it's only a small exam!
Speaking of exam, my Geology exam is coming this Friday and I haven't really done my proper revison yet! 50 MCQs. From experience, mcqs proved to be harder(to score) than essay :( But the good thing is, I don't really have to memorize whole chunk of info. I just need to roughly get the meanings of the concepts and hope the options are not very close and get the corrert answers!

Anyway, I have to work today :( Had to clean 14 rooms!!! LUckily all are stay-over and 3 guests didn't need any service :) While I was cleaning my 9th room, Tommy, the manager ( I'm not sure for his position but he's the "head" of housekeeping section.) came to give me some face towels, and he said that I was very soft-spoken. He could never tell if I were angry with him, or if I were happy. "I couldn't tell. You're so mild. Not that it's bad. It's good actually. You're nice and polite, but..." Ok, so basically, he wants me to be more out-spoken. But I'm shy. I'm only outspoken and loud with people I know very well. Just aske my family and some of my close friends. I keep strangers, acquaintances and just friends at arm's length. May be it's because I'm not so comfortable in their presence. But, yes, I must change. I must be more out-spoken. I must speak up!!! I'm here to change for the better!


"I always suspected his diet would be the death of him..."

This is a cartoon strip from my college newspaper regarding the Ecoil virus in spinach. The death of Popeye. I'm sure I don't need to explain what happen right? I actually bought a bag of spinach from the Walmart. I nearly cooked it, but for some reason, I decided not to cook it and leave it in the fridge. A few days later, the news about E coil outbreak caused by spinach, bagged spinach, came out. Sung and I decided to throw the bag of spinach in the fridge away. It's a waste really, but better be safe than sorry. What a close shave! If I cooked it at that time, would I be sick now? Better not to think of it. I'm fine and healthy. That's what important!

No comments: