Monday, September 25, 2006

I just found out that for my first maths exam, I only get 95/100. *sob* I thought I could get full marks. It was really easy!

This is the question that I get wrong

Use your answer from part a) to predict the revenue from sales of the printer in 2006.
(each question is worth 5 points! It's not because of the level of difficulty but because the prof can only squeezed 20 questions into a sheet of paper because he only wanted the exam to we in a sheet of paper, 2 pages)

Here is the full questions
-Revenue by Hewlett-Packard from sales of a model of printer were $2.25 million in 2000 and $3.77 million in 2005.
(3 decimals, include units)

a) The average yearly rate of change in revenue during these 5 years was
$0.304million/yr

b) Use your answer from part a) to predict the revenue from sales of the printer in 2006

My method: 0.304 x 6 (WRONG)!!!
It should be: 3.77 + 0.304 !!!

ARGH!!!!!!! I was wondering why the revenue for 2006 was so little, but i checked again and the question asked to use the answer in part a) and calculate the revenue for 2006, so it should be times 6 and ya, BIG MISTAKE! how stupid of me! *sigh* No point crying over split milk!

There's no sociology lesson today. Ms Hough sent us email at midnight to tell us that monday's lesson is cancelled as she had something urgent to attend to. But Sung and I decided to check if they were anyone in the class. May be we are supposed to be in the class to discuss the research project that she asked us to discuss. Well, it's the first time we had a cancelled lesson, so we didn't really know what to do. We didnt' want to go, but how if we were supposed to be in the class for discussion or something. As it turned out, everyon, except us, who came was those who didn't check their email. After waiting for 15min, someone checked hers and they knew why they waited so long and so few people came and there's no teacher. After knowing this, they quickly left. And for some reason, I was tickled pink by this. I was laughing till my stomach hurts and I didn't really know why. Well, I decided to stay in the class and do my english homework. Didn't know where else to go. THe library would be filled with people so would the cafeteria. It's lunch hour.

No comments: