Friday, September 08, 2006

My dad's going to have an operation tmr :( I hope everything will going smoothly. I know it's just a small operation to get rid of the lump in his left hand, but it's still an operation. It may be it's the myth about operation, but i'm really worried and i really really hope that everything will going smoothly.

I received a letter from deng lao shi!!!!! *grin* I'm so over the moon when I saw the letter on the table. I quickly ripped it off and read it. She even enclosed 3 chinese articles for me to read :) Once a teacher,always a teacher! But i'm happy to receive the article because I haven't been reading Chinese stuffs for a while now. It's good to get in touch with the language again :) Her letter doesn't have stamps on it. It's some kind of electronic sticker :( But on a second thought, it may be good because if there are stamps I would be very tempted to take them off and I definetely want to keep the envelope. It's my first letter :)

I really have to try not to put the word "homesick" or anything related to homesick on my msn nick, especially now that my dad has an msn account. I don't want to worry him. THe last time I put it, my dad kept asking me how come I still feel homesick and what they can do to make me feel better. So... yup, i will only express my homesickness here in this blog! My dad doesn't know this. It's "safe" for now.

Today, the korean guy(exchange student) in my english class , I just knew that his name is Joon YOng, but he told me to call him JJ, which is very weird. SHouldn't it be JY? I wonder if traslated to Chinese, his name will be Jun Yang? He's purposely picked on me. The teacher was telling us some things to do for our B draft and he didn't understand what she's saying and kept asking me. Unfortunately, I also didn't get what she meant, so I told him that I also don't know. Then, he lamented, " how come you don't know anything!" I quickly defended myself!!!

THen, I asked him if he liked soccer. He didn't get what i'm saying. I said, "you know soccer?" He replied, "soka?"
Me:" NO, soker"
He:"Soka?" and start to clasp his palms together doing the ami to fu thingy.
I started to laugh and got frustrated! So I decided to write the word SOCCER down on a piece of paper.
He:" Oh, sucker(He really pronounced it like the word sucker! NO kidding!"
Me:" ya! Soker!"
He:" NO, you said soka, soka means buddha!"
we were laughing very hard till the teacher told us off for being to noisy. But could anyone blame us?

I think that's the most humorous thing ever happened in the class for the fall semester!

Sociology exam was so difficult. I don't understand most of the questions. And the options for the mcqs are so difficult to comprehend either. I totaly blew it off :( *sob*

No comments: