Wednesday, November 22, 2006

The day before Thanksgiving! The usually crowded and bustling campus was reduced to small clutters and a handful of students. A reminiscence of summer time. Many went home for this four days holidays (some went as early as last Sun or Mon). Classes were only one-quarter or at best one-third full. I started the Eve of Thanksgiving by waking up early. This had nothing to do with Thanksgiving by the way. I lost my Student ID card, so I had to report it to school and make new one. And it cost $17!!! The price I had to pay for my carelessness!!!

Sociology class was cancelled. So, Sung, JJ, Glorick, Asumi and I went to have lunch together. Initially, we wanted to eat burger at the eating place near JJ's dorm, but it was closed early due to Thanksgiving. It's my first time eating together with a group of friends since I came here!

We actually wanted to play badminton tonight. We met at 8pm only to know that the place will be closed at 9pm. And since we had to return the borrowed items back half an hour before closing time, we decided to play another time :( Things didn't go quite smoothly for us today! [center's badminton racket and shuttlecock are darn lousy by the way. But no choice, blame myself for not bringing mine! It will be first in my to bring list when I go back next summer. ]

I'm not very sure what Thanksgiving is, but my Geology professor gave a very appropriate definition of what Thanksgiving Day is - a day when you eat turkey and watch football! It's true Americans spend Thanksgiving together with family by eating turkey and watch football. I have yet to know the taste of turkey. I think it should taste like chicken. Well, may be next year.

No comments: