Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Halloween


Went to Student Union with Tomtom to help the Indonesian Organization with the game stall they put up for Halloween. Well, I didn't help much. I think I only helped once, before I left. Haha... They set up a booth where children had to put in their hand into 4 covered containers to guess what were inside. Then, they got candies!!!

My first Halloween celebration. The children were so cuteeee!!! Dressed up in different costumes from princesses to fairies to many other creatures.

The children (especially small ones)looked gloomy. I think they're wondering why they had to dress up in funny costume and why so many people were also dressed up in some weird costumes. Or they may be wondering why they got so many sweets very easily when most of the time, they had to beg and beg their moms to give them some. Haha...

Nobody knocked on my apartment door to ask for candies though, thank godness. I didn'g buy any treat :P May be next year I will, in case some kids knock on my door. Some houses had carved pumpkin outside their doors, like my neighbours. There's a pumpkin carving competition in the neighbour hood. I wanted to participate but I have no time. I barely had time to study for both my exams, nevermind carve a pumpkin! Anyway, I did enjoy my first Halloween even though I didn't went to view all the "attractions", like the Haunted House. I had exams the next day, what U expect? I was a little reluctant to go when Tommy asked me, but what the heck, it's Halloween!!! Didnt' study for an hour or so won't do much harm, right?

The exams were okay. I think I should do okay! I hope.
Wow! It's only 5.30 pm and it's already dark outside. The sun used to set at 9pm in the summer. I wonder what time the sun will set in winter. 4pm???

No comments: