Just came back from Thanksgiving dinner at the Family Resource Centre near the apartment. I felt bad just leave like that after eating. I know many people will do that, but still, I feel a little bad. At least I brought 2 boxes of cookies and clean my table after eating, right? Sung, Wu and i went there in the hope of eating free dinner. Yeah, sound cheapskate, right? I'm really bored by the food that I have been eating- pizza, frozen food, fried chicken nuggets and stuffs. So, when u can eat turkey, mashed potato, and some other things, why not?
When we reached there, we instantly felt out of place! We didn't know anyone there and people who came, mostly chinese (from mainland), knew one another. So the 3 of us just sat there, feeling awkward. Wu and Sung kept saying that we should go home. But I didn't want to. There's nothing to eat at home. And I was hungry! In the end, Wu called his friend and ask him if he could go to his house for dinner. He left. Sung wanted to go, but I said no. The queue was darn long! The Chinese were really "kiasu"! The grumbling of my impatient empty stomach caused me to ask for vegetarian dish. I didn't have to queue for it. Just ask for it from the assistant. And it's quite good. Pasta, mashed potato and green beans. The pasta was the "white version" - cheese and alfredo sause, I think. My favorite sauce! I don't really like the "red version"- tomato! I asked Sung to do the same, but he said that the food didnt' smell nice. His loss anyway. After eating, we left. I actually wanted to stay a little while or something. It's like eat and then left was so bad. But Sung kept complaining and I was so fed up! Please, what you expect? You went there to take advantage of free food. So don't expect too much! I took the whole thing calmly. May be the hunger made me thick skin and "persevere" till I got food. Haha...
Still, I didn't get to know what turkey tasted like! But I'm full now. Got what I wanted from the trip :) Haha...
Liverpool vs Arsenal tmr. Go Reds! They're in the winning streak! I hope they did well. I'm really fed up not being able to watch soccer matches. I'm still searching for a good program. The one that I used previously was "dead". I dunno why, but I couldn't open it :( Yeah, I'm sad. A soccer fan who can't watch her fav. team. That's me!
No comments:
Post a Comment