Tuesday, February 06, 2007

just came back from my first ever spanish lesson. It's a very small class, and I mean really small, only 5 people attended. Anyway, I learnt a few spanish vocab. La papa--- potato. I thought it means father. Haha... Well, father is Papa(cap. P). There's this catchy word-- quita cuticula (pronounce: kita kuticula). It means cuticle remover. I didn't know such thing exists!!! I guess there's more than spanish that I learnt tonight :D

Anyway, a new chapter of history took place in liverpool fc. Liverpool is now officially belongs to American businessmen George Gillett and Tom Hicks. Hicks: 'I had obviously heard of Liverpool but once I had a chance to read about the 118 years of history, the 18 league championships, the bleak years in the 1930s and 40s through to the 60s and then the tragedies of the 1980s, I was just awe-struck by what this community has done, it is very, very special.' ( Soccernet.com) A club with a rich history--- that's liverpool!!! But I hope they won't sell the naming rights of the new stadium. Then again, there will only be one Anfield. (And I want to go there before liverpool 'moved house'!!!)

I wonder if Liverpool will come to US one day. I mean their new owners are americans!!! If they do, I will go to the state where they visited , by then, I should be able to speak some spanish and can impress Rafa. Haha... Of course, I want to meet Gerrard too!!! May be I should bring a magazine or two from Singapore with gerrard in the cover so I could ask him to sign it.

No comments: