Stomachache... I guess I won't be going for the meeting at 3pm. Well, I did give a thought of going there, although I would feel like a fish out of the water, not knowing anyone there. But my stomach is killing me!!! But I still find way to blog. Heh, I wanted to talk about Gerrard!
And about work yesterday. There weren't many customers. Although I didn't really like it, I think it's better than having too much orders! Anyway, I talked more to Asagi. We talked about chinese characters and Japanese. He told me that there's 3 types of characters used in Japanese words. One is Chinese, I don't really know how to say the other two, but one set is for the direct translation of English words based on their sound. So this set of words has no meaning, just sounds. He wrote a set of words for my name :D
The other set is the usual Japanese characters. He also told me that his name Asagi consist of only 1 chinese character- cai (cai hong de cai), and it's not a common Japanese name and many Japanese don't what that is and how it is pronounced. Interesting!
Steward worked for 10 hours again. HE said he's working for 10 hours every Saturday. Crazy! When he saw me writing some chinese characters, he snatched my pen and drew some kindergarten standard drawing--- tv, people, boat, house-- and said that they're chinese characters! Well, for the record, he knows how to write people or human (ren) in chinese. He's a vietnamese. He taught me a vietnamese word - xin chao- means hello or hi! There's another funny thing. Yuki brought a cd, he wanted to write Avril Lavigne on it. Instead, he wrote "Averil Rubbin?" Haha... Becky saw it and asked him if he meant "Avril Lavigne". Then both of us laughed.
10 more days to Liverpool vs Barcelona!!! I can't wait! I really hope that the connection is smooth and I would be able to watch it online!
Time for another excerpt from Gerrard's autobiography
Born to be Red
"Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool red." --- I love this sentence. It's such a power message, it filled me with awe and I could felt Gerrard's love and passion for Liverpool. It's a perfect sentence to be used by any die-hard Liverpool fan. I don't think I am qualified to say that yet. I'm crazy about Liverpool, but not that crazy. My friends may beg to differ, but seriously, I am considered sane compared to the real die-hard fan!
continuing...
A close shave
" My career was nearly destroyed before it started. All my dreams of starring for Liverpool and England, of lifting European Cupts and shining in World Cups, rested on the skill of a surgeon when I was only nine... Agony. Total agony. My foot hit something. Jesus, the pain was merciless. I nearly had a heart attack. I fell down, screaming for help. In my career I've had smashed metatarsals and torn groins, but honest to God, I have never felt pain like this. Like poison from a needle, it shot up my shins...I looked down and couldn't believe my eyes. A garden fork was embedded in my big toe... I heard the doctor say, 'The fork is rusty, there's a chance of gangrene. We might have to take the toe off to stop any gangrene spreading.' 'Wait,' Dad intervened. 'Steven plays football, you must speak to Liverpool before you do any operation. They must know what is going on.'My dad quickly called Steve Heighway, Liverpool's Academy director...'No, you are not bloody well taking his toe off,' Steve told them... The surgeon numbed he whole foot and tugged the fork out. The hole was huge, as big as 20p coin and an inch and a half deep. It was a mess, but at least the surgeon saved my toe and my career... The one half-decent thing about the accident was that I missed three weeks of school. The doctors insisted, so who was I to argue! School sent homework round but it never get done. No chance..."
Every child hates school, no?
If Gerrard lost his toe, he might not make it to be a footballer, and I might not support him. I may be crazy about some other footballer. May be Michael Owen. I don't know. But what a tragic accident for a nine-year-old to go through. It makes me admire Gerrard even more!
No comments:
Post a Comment