
It began with me asking Asagi if Japanese celebrate Lunar New Year. As it turned out, Japanese don't celebrate it. We talked and then at some point, I told him that during Chinese New Year, the children would get a red packet with money inside. He excitedly told me that he also gets "red packet" (the packet is not red in color, u see) with money inside during NEw Year (Jan 1) which the japanese celebrates. He reached for his wallet, and took out some stuffs and then he found the "red packet" that his grandmother gave him for the new year. Of course, there's no more money inside. HE gave it to me. I opened it and "demanded" for money. He gave me a penny which of course I rejected. He let me keep the HEllo Kitty "red packet", and told me to put money in it myself :( Then, Lo (the student supervisor, who's from Hong KOng) saw me holding the "red packet". I told him that it's my first "Red packet" for the year! I made a sad face saying that there's no money in the "red packet". I asked him for some money. Again, I was given a penny (which i turned down, again!). Anyway, I wished Lo "Gong Hei Fat Choi"! And asked for a red packet from him. He gave a typical answer, " I'm not married yet!"
Oh, Yoshi (the jap guys who used to be housekeeper too) started working at Pistol Pizza today. Talk about reunion! We caught up a little, but most of the time, he taked to his fellow countrymen.
That's how my first Chinese New Year's Eve in US went. Well, at least I have a "red packet"! Thanks, Asagi!P.S. I talked to Lo about Gerrard!!! He doesn't know who Steven Gerrard is!!!! He played soccer, but didn't really watch it. I told him, that he knows who steven gerrard is now and he better remember it! Haha... I was bored, and I haven't been psychoing people about liverpool and gerrard the way i psycho jac, ren, and monica. Haha... I miss those days!
No comments:
Post a Comment