Monday, August 21, 2006

First day in school. Only two words to describe-boring and lonely. I really really miss the school days with 4e1!

I had english first, followed by sociology then elementary calculus and to wrap up the day, I had geology(the most boring lesson)!

THe english lessons are for international students. My cousin and I went to look for the room and when we found it, I opened the door and saw students already seated there. I couldn't see the teacher at first as she was sitting down and a "stand" blocked her. So we entered the class only to realise that there's a teacher there and we seemed to be way behind the lesson. And then we came to a conclusion that we came to the wrong class. Our class is supposed to start after this lesson. Oh my! What a great start!!! The english class was very very small. It consits of around 20 students. Many are from the "Russian domain" countries- Ukraine, Kazakhtan and Siberia. Even the teacher is from Ukrraine. A guy seated on my left is from Ukraine and his name is Sasha. I don't know if it's really spelt S-A-S-H-A, but it is pronounced that way. We were supposed to pair up and interview each other about where we came from, what are our interests, what languages we speak, and what is our major. I ended up with Sung so I asked "Sasha" if he would exchange place with me. But he didn't seem to get me and ended up joining us. He's "previous" group consisted of 3 ppl. I asked him if he know Shevchenko(sheva is the only ukraine i know until today!) HE didn't get me at first and when he finally did, I don't know why, he couldn't stop smiling and kept asking us how we know him. World cup! Tv! ok, so the interview went on poorly. And that "sasha" seemed to be uninterested with the whole thing and we would have to introduce our partner later!!! Knew it from crashing the previous lesson! Anyway, we couldn't introduce our group so we have to do it on wed.

Then for sociology, the prof was a little scary? She started by welcoming us to introduction to Physic , DR. Pullinurleg (pulling your leg! don't get it at first! Haha) Everyone was a little confused but then she explained that some refer to sociology as social physics!!! OOOOOOOOOhhhhhhh! She seemed to strict!!!

Then off to calculus. They changed the venue again!!! Argh!!! It took us some time to find the initial venue and then they changed it to somewhere we didn't know. We asked for direction and finally found the correct venue. WE were very late! So embarassing!!!

Geology was so boring! The teacher kept talking about lesson policies blah blah everything was stated in the handout!!!

After lesson, we went to Walmart the Gray bus was filled with people. People standig up till the steps! Reminded me of the times when I was boarding 105 bus to zhonghua. I miss singapore!!!! ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: