It was raining cats and dogs! The rain started 15 mins ago. I don't know whether to be happy or sad. Happy because finally after weeks of scorching hot days, salvation in the form of rain drops came to wash the hot climate away! Sad as it's my first day of school and I don't want to get wet!!!YEah, there's buses today, but I still have to walk to the bus stop and to the classes. By the way, I have never mentioned this- there's a bus driver who looks like Iker Casillas. Well, the fatter version of Casillas that is. Haha... Then, there's another driver. He doesn't look like anyone I know, but I like his eyes. He has blue eyes!!! I like that!!! But, no I don't have a crush on him. He's quite fat so not really my type. I just like his eyes.
I'm still feeling nervous. The butterflies in my stomach just won't go away!!! I hope everything turns out to be okay!!!
I ate the laksa cup noodle last night. It didn't taste like the real laksa, but at least can quench some of my carvings of laksa. I really really miss home. It's funny that now whenever I think of home, I will think of S'pore not Indo. My family and friends are in S'pore. I think S'pore has been a "home" for me for the past 8/7 years. Indo is only a place where I go for holiday, a sanctuary from the busy and stressful life I have as a student in S'pore. Yeah, I miss some of my realtives, the cheap things that Indo offers, the food, especially satay 'cause I don't like the satay in S'pore, e-mie, nasi padang... Ok, so Indo is all but a home. It holds my earliest memories and I really cherish that memories till today. I'm grateful that I'm able to spent my childhood days in Indo, instead of S'pore, because I was away from the "kiasuism" and stressfulness of the education system in S'pore. The carefree life that any children deserve, I got it in Indo. And when the riot striked, it's time to grow up. It's time to move to S'pore. S'pore has made me the way I am today. The more independent, mature and "serious" me! If I were to spend my teenage days in Indo, I bet I wouldn't be so serious about education, about what I want to do with my life... S'pore made me think to the future. I made friends there (well, all my friends are in S'pore. I have since lost contact with my childhood friends. Sad really but there's nothing I could do about it. ), I learnt alot academically, physically and emotionally there... I will always hold S'pore dear to my heart. It is after all my second home or my home for the past 8/7 years and it is still is now. Indo and S'pore saw how I grew up from a child to a teenager with raging hormones. But now, my present and future(for at least the next 4 years) are in Stillwater, OK, US. Thinking about this, I can't help but feeling really, really greatful to God for the opportunities He has given me ( being able to live in 3 different countries, which I feel has or will bring out the best of me in the different phases of my growing up years). Now, I can say that I spent my childhood in Indo, my teenagehood in S'pore and my early adulthood in USA! Envy me! Haha...
No comments:
Post a Comment