Thursday, August 10, 2006

I got tips $5 and 10cents!!! I was over the moon. Forget about the 10 cents. I found it on the floor, so I didn't know if it was a tip or not but since it's a check-out room, I took the money. And I was given $5 tip from a guest in the room 4440! I wasn't expecting much. I had resigned to my unluckiness of not ever getting any tip. So when I walked into the room, I was quite surprised to see the 1 dollar notes on the table. At first, I thought it was $4, but as I took the notes and counted them, altogether there were 5 one dollar notes!!! I was so so so happy. Finally, after almost 2 weeks of waiting, I got a tip!!! :D

Actually, I felt guilty for complaining a lot of not getting tip. I even blamed Lord for this unfairness. I guess Lord heard me and wanted to tell me that He doesn't forget me and all these was a test; a test to test my patience. Forgive me, Lord! (Yup, I believe in Lord Jesus. And I do pray to Him for guidance and of course forgiveness. I attended a Christian Protestant school for around 6 years before moving to S'pore. For that 6 yrs, I studied about Lord Jesus and every morning, there would be a prayer session before the start of the lessons. Every student would have the chance to lead the prayer. I could roughly recalled the prayer in Bahasa Indonesia, " Bapa kami yang ada di Surga, kuduskanlah namaMu..." That's was all I could remember. In English, it's called Lord's Prayer.
"Our Father in heaven,
Hallowed be your name,
Your kingdom come,
Your will be done,
On earth as in heaven.
Give us today our daily bread.
Forgive us our sins as we forgive those who sin against us.
Save us from the time of trial,
And deliver us from evil.
[For the kingdom, the power, and the glory are yours,
Now and forever. Amen.] "


Although I believe in Lord Jesus and pray to Him, I think I'm not prepared to commit myself to be a real Christian. Firstly, my dad may strongly object to it. The other time, when I accompanied "Endut" to church before going to the movie, my dad was angry. So, I think I will wait for the time when I'm really really prepared.

Back to my day as a housekeeper. Today, Mabel was the "head" as Pauline and Tommy weren't there. Speaking of Tommy, I haven't seen him for a week. Wonder what happen to him. And Mabel seemed to be in an extremely good mood. I cleaned 4th floor! Yeah!!! At first, Mabel paired me up with Vet, a new trainee. But Tiffany didn't come, so Vet and Sibo, another new trainee, got to do Tiffany's work. So I was left alone again :) I prefer to do the cleaning alone. Now, I know how the "senior housekeepers" felt when we were told to help out. Anyway, Lord must have a plan for me to get that full $5 tip. If Tiffany didn't come and Vet worked with me, I would have to split that $5. I felt really really guilty now. I hope Lord will forgive me.

I had to clean room 4438. It's a checkout room, but the guest, a young lady, was still sound asleep. I went there twice to check,but she was still sleeping till around 12pm! She must have a very late night. So, I went to help Sung out. Then while doing the cleaning halfway, Mabel came and told me that the guest in the room 4438 was already awake and should be gone by 12.30. So by around 12.40, the guest left. When I went into the room to clean, the lady left a note saying "PLEASE CONTINUE TO OFFER AMAZING SERVICE, BUT PLEASE REMEMBER, "A SMILE IS NOTHING BUT CONTAGIOUS."" I didn't know what she meant by that and I was even more puzzled by what Mabel said to her or did to her. Weird!!! Anyway, she didn't really use the bathroom, so I didn't have to spend so much time cleaning the bathroom ( I guess it's some sort of a tip) I hope tmr will be as good as today :)

No comments: