So, Pluto is no longer a planet, no longer in the Solar System. So, there are only 8 planets in the Solar System. My reaction? OK, so? But a columnist at Daily O'Collegian (my sch newspaper) begged to differ. In his column titled " So long, dearest Pluto, we will miss you". He complained how scientists came to such sudden and shocking decision without first consulting the people like him. He feels that it is not fair. It is unjust for Pluto. He wrote "Pluto might not be the biggest, brightest or warmest of the nine planets, but it's still a part of the solar system. It's still a part of our culture. Yet, here I sit, and I never had say. Here is my chance to bid farewell, a chance to say goodbye to a planet that's been there my whole life. You never asked much, you just wanted to be included. That was enough for you. But somewhere, in some cold, dark room, much colder than your own world, a bunch of guys decided your fate. And nobody even asked you. So take care old friend, try to stay warm and write if you get the chance. I'll always consider you a planet...and a friend." I'm telling you, I was laughing till my stomach hurt as I read this article. This guy must have reallybeen obsessed with Pluto when he was younger. Otherwise, I don't get it why would anyone even consider Pluto "a friend" or even asked Pluto to "write if you get the chance"??? Haha... Funny guy!
Pluto I have no obsession with, but soccer,Yes! And I still haven't given up hope in wanting to organize "watch Euro 2008 together" as part of my plan to bring soccer to Stillwater!!!!!! And now, I even dreamt of more. I want to set up an organization, OSU Asian Soccer Association or something of that sort. I heard that the Jap and Chinese will sometimes play soccer on the weekends. Then, there are also S. KOrea and Vietnam teams. So what an opportunity, right? But my problem is I don't know any of them. I don't even have a friend!!!!!!!!! Howwwwwwwww!!!!!!! Coming to OSU really ruined my social life!!!!!!!!! NOt that I like to socialize very much, in fact I prefer to be left alone, drowing in soliditute and my own train of thoughts. But you need friend! A friend which you and your inner self won't be able to fulfil. Someone who is able to advise you, cheer you up, listen to your problems or crazy ideas or simply someone who will lend a listening ear and a shoulder to cry on. I need a friend!!!!!!!!!!! But so far, it's not yet fulfilled :(
No comments:
Post a Comment