Housekeeping job started today. Was it fun cleaning guests room? Well, to tell you the truth, it's more fun to be the guests. Duh! what am I talking about? I reported at 9am sharp but the supervisor, named Tommy, taked his own sweet time about telling us how to punch in and assigning us to "senior housekeepers". Well, I didn't really mind cause it's written in the slip for those who forgot to punch in. That I reported for work at 9 am. I got paid by the hour. So, I was being a little irresponsible, but I didn't mind waiting, so "take it slowly, Tommy!" I started cleaning at around 10am, I think. I was the understudy of an old lady named Beverly. She's nice, but she is a hardworker. She didn't even take a break. When she took one, she took it while we were cleaning the last room. Actually, that room was supposed for me to clean. Well, she taught me how to make the bed and clean the bathroom. Then, she asked me to clean the bathroom so I wouldn't be too confused. But at the last room, she decided to take her break and eat the cheese cracker while I was busy cleaning the bathroom. But I guessed I cleaned the bathroom too slowly. She finished eating her cracker before I finished cleaning the bathroom. So in the end, I didn't manage to make the bed. We finished cleaning at around 12pm. Then she felt that I still need some more practice, so we helped another housekeeper, whom Sunggoro was under. They still had 4 more rooms, we helped them cleaned 2 rooms. This time, I got to make the bed. I made the bed too slowly and the other end was too short to be tucked in :( I still need some practice. In the end, we finished at 1pm. Then we asked Tommy for the letter to make our SSN. He again, took his own sweet time. Well, it's okay. I would punched out when he gave me the letter. So we took about an hour for him to find the file, get the letter "stationary" don't know what it meant at first, but it's like "cut and paste the letter into a paper with the hotel logo". So, we punched out at 2pm. 5 hours of work(and waiting). Well, I didn't take my deserved break!!!!
And I got my uniform also. So ugly!!!
I had to report earlier tomorrow at 8am!!! I have to remember to take some food and water to eat and drink. The last thing I want is to get gastric pain!!! NOw, my lip a little cracked as I didn't drink any water for 3hr?
And, my cousin received a letter from his gf from S'pore. And I haven't received any letter yet from anybody. Do you hear that A kwa, ren, jac...? And it cost my cousin's gf only 50cents to send him a card and some photos!!!!! It cost me 84cents, in USD!!:( Ren, how come it's so cheap? Well, mon says she's writing me a letter soon, but she seems to be very busy, and ren said that she may send me card cause i'm moving house soon. *hoping*
No comments:
Post a Comment