Sunday, August 20, 2006

Haven't blog for quite a while. Well, I was so busy and tired. I had just moved house and I didn't realise that there're so many things to unpack! At least I have my "own home" now. I can do whatever I want to it! Actually, I didn't really do much to my new apt. Because I don't really know what to put. I wasn't allowed to use scotchtape on the wall, but I went ahead and use it to stick Gerrard's poster and some other stuffs. Otherwise, my bedroom wall will be "blank white"!!! So ugly!!!

I was busy working and attending orientation!!! The orientation was so boring. Then there's a section where we had to fill in a "tax form". As I had been living in S'pore for a while now, I had to put it as my country of tax residence and there's not exemption or anything. Indonesia, on the other hand, signed a treaty with usa and if the indonesian students earned less that a specific amount, $3300, I think, they don't need to pay any tax!!! So unfair. Just because I have been living in foreign land for some time, I'm being denied the right that my other fellow Indonesian have!

Fall classes start tmr. I was excited and anxious at the same time. Excited because I will finall be able to get a feel of what studying in OSU (or usa) is like. summer classes were like a brief introduction to it. Not the real thing! Anxious as I don't know what to expect. There're so many question marks- Are the professors nice? Are the classmates friendly and hence, I will finally be able to have friends? Will the subjects i'm taking be to difficult for me to handle?...

I will try to be open of what tmr or fall semester will be. I don't want to set any expectation because then I won't be too disappointed of what will happen!

Sung got $10 tip in a day from 1 room!!! I didn't get anything today! :( Talking about unfairness again! I wonder how long must I wait to get another tip! Another 2 weeks??? ARGH!!!

Tommy and Thomas are back!!! And my parents titip lots of things for me. Cup noodle (laksa)!!! Some seasoning to make laska, bah kut teh, fried rice, rendang.... Waah!!! So nice!!! I hope when I cook them they will taste nice too!

I want to rest and start packing for tmr.

No comments: