just came back. My hands are so red and sore, especially the tips of my fingers!!! And my back too. Housekeeping job is really not good for the back!!! I worked for 5 hours again today. Actually, I finished early. I didn't really have a break :( I worked with Beverly again today. I did the bed again. I wanted to practice my "bed making" skill. I felt that I need some more practice to do make the bed faster. WEll, I felt that I'm going more faster. I can make the queen size bed in around 15 min. Then, Beverly let me tried out to do the whole room by myself. I did it under 35 min! Well, actually, i didn't really clean the bathroom properly. I just roughly wiped it dry (I'm tired , okay!)
Then, after we finished, we went to the housekeeping room at the basement. There was a box of sugared doughnut. I really wanted to take 1 and eat because I didn't have my lunch and my stomach was impatiently nagging at me, telling me that it wants food!!! Then, Mabel and Yoshi came in , followed by Daphne and Charlotte. Mabel was looking at Daphne and smiled at her, asking how she was doing. Then, she just looked at me and smiled. After that, she praised Yoshi in front of everyone, saying that he made a bad very fast in 15 min. (Daphne worked with Mable on Tue and Yoshi today) Then, Beverly came to my rescue by praising me for cleaning the whole room in 30min(I think it's more like 32 min, oh well, who cares?) Mabel just smiled and kept quiet. Haha... who had the last laugh now? Me!!!! Yeah, I heard Yoshi do work very fast. Fast doesn't mean good, right? What's the hurry? I need to clock 20 hours!!! So, man man lai!
Mabel then pat me on the back and said that I was made to make the bed the whole of yesterday to practice the hospital corner. I think she's the only one who's very particular about it. I've seen how Beverly and Stacy(sunggoro worked with her,and since I finished early, I looked for him and helped him out) and they are not that particular about it! I know Mabel didn't like me much because I did my work very slowly and I seemed to not know anything and a slow learner. And yesterday, she kept complaining about the trainee housekeepers, saying that we cut short her working hours (2 ppl= twice the speed), and she wanted her paycheck... For the record, 2 ppl didn't equate to twice the speed. I made the bed almost two times slower than her. If anything, I (or we) were helping her(or them) to "work" longer!!! I was hurt by the comment. I'm a very sensitive girl. I felt like saying that since I went very slowly in doing my work, I didn't slow her down and it's not my fault that she got a trainee with her. If she didn't want, she can just complain to Tommy! I didn't like her. She smokes and she's loud. She kept calling me Hon, Girlfriend, then kept saying dude... I know it's typical of american. But so far, I never heard anyone said that or they way they said it doesn't sound as crude as the way Mabel said it. In a nutshell, I don't like Mabel. I'm not the only one, Beverly doesn't like her too.
I got the card which excesses to every single room in the hotel with the help of Beverly. Sung had it too. See, oldies are so much nice. But Mabel lookes quite old. There's always exception, isn't it?
I didn't have any tip :( But I got a bunch of candies and a can of diet coke. Sung got another dollar :( I saw a few coins on the table for some rooms, but they are stay over room so we, housekeepers should not touch anything belonging to the guests.
No comments:
Post a Comment