Germany won! For the first 45min, the game was quite dull. No goals and the attempted attacks were mild, not threatening at all. Portugal attacked more in the first half. The Germans were quite subdued, surprisingly.
But playing in front of millions of Germans, the German team have to think of ways to attack and get the goal! Indeed, the goals came. 2 from Bastian Schweinsteiger and an own goal from Petit from Schweinsteiger's freekick. Portugal scored a consolation goal thanks to Nuno Gomez. It saved them some dignity at least! The second-half was much much better played. I'm glad it didn't go to extra time or worse penalty shoot-out. When you get too many of such things, you'll get bored of it naturally. Thank goodness, it didn't go that way. Well, you couldn't blame me for thinking that the game would go into extra time or penalty shoot-out if you watched the boring first-half! Great job by the Germans! Now the question remains whether Klinsmann will remain as a coach or not. Personally, I think he will give it a pass. I don't think his wife would approve it. I mean the main reason he "escaped" to OC, California is to avoid the media from pestering his family, right? I don't know. If I were him, I would leave. I would rather leave on a high note rather than continue coaching and there's a possibility on failing on my next assessment!
Anyway, a few more yellow cards for Portugal. Portugal is leading in that category 23 or 24, I think! haha... I found it funny when the commentator commented on it. It just tickled me to think of such comments! At least the Portuguese go home top of the group for something! Haha...
Yes, there's Asian representative after all in the game! The Japanese referee Toru Kimikawa!
Congratulation Germany!!!!





I hope tomorrow's final would be an entertaining and exciting game!!!I'm rooting for France but I guess Italy have a better chance in bringing the trophy! Prove me wrong France (or should I say Zidane?). Good luck! May the better team win!
No comments:
Post a Comment