Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Klose won the Golden Boot! Scoring 5 goals in this tournament. I still think 5 is so little!!! But, it's hard to score goal you know! Just ask Lampard!

Zidane won the Golden Ball Award!!! I'm so happy for him!
Excerp from Soccernet

Trezeguet, however, preferred to focus on all the great things achieved by his international team-mate, who was France's 1998 World Cup hero.

'Considering all that Zidane has done for the national team we can only say thank you and bravo,' he said. 'He is an exceptional player and an exceptional human being and he will recover.

'He just needs time to be with his family right now. Of course, we had all hope for a better ending for him and for our national team.'

I agree with Trezeguet. We should erase the bad memory and remember Zidane as a legend worth following! It's sad really how a small blunder will cause people to forget every great thing the player has done. You are hailed and praised for one day and the next day, you are critisized and jeered just for a small blunder that you have made. That's football.

That's why, I think if every footballer(or coach) is thinking of hanging up their boot, they should do it after a great season! Take my advise Klinsman! I'm not belittling your ability. As you have proven in this world cup, you are capable of being a great coach. But as you know, anything can happen in football. A great journey in the world cup does not mean a great journey in the euro 2008 or even in the next world cup. Just look at Czech Republic. What a run they have in the Euro 2004., but look what they achieve in this World Cup-- knock out in the first stage! If I were you, Klinsman, I will continue to live my life peacefully in California! Bringing the German team to where they were doubted even before the tournament started was a great contribution to the country , not forgetting the days you bring glory for GErman as a player. Enough is enough! Too much of things may not be too good. WEll, it's your decision after all. Me just like anyone else and offer nothing but advice (which you won't even have the chance to read).

No comments: