Saturday, July 01, 2006


I'm having a sore throat now. I strained my voice too much during England vs Portugal match. But that's the fun thing about watching soccer, right? Shouting and cheering. I don't know if my neighbor heard me and my cousin's shouts. If they do, they must be wondering what the heck were we doing!!! They, Americans, don't watch soccer! So i'm sure they won't know what's going on!!! So our shouts really created an atmosphere for ourselves!!!

I was so nervous every time England attacked, which was a lot of times. Portugal didn't really have so many chances.

Lampard missed chances again. This world cup didn't go well for him. But, for me, glad he missed, especially the penalty. I'm supporting Portugal!!! sorry, Gerrard! I know as your loyal supported, I should have supported you all the way. But the thing is I can't tolerate the happiness Beckham and Eriksson will feel if england go to the semi!!! Besides, I have been predicting for England to go to quarter final at best. And since all my prediction have not hit the target yet, I really want this one to be correct!!! My face and pride are more important you know!!!

Anyway, the game was really really tense, but a little boring!!! THere weren't many attacks and I think Portugal was missing Deco. After all, he's the playmaker for Portugal!!!

The extra time was played so much better.

When it went to penalty-shoot out, I knew Portugal will win. England have a bad record at penalty and the last time England played Portugal, the game also ended with penalty-shoot out and Portugal won!!!

But as had happened many times before, my gut feeling and prediction may be wrong. So, I was extremely nervous when the penaly started. I was a little relieved when simao converted the penalty!!! Lampard next. He got a rough time at the world cup and this may be his chance to silence his critics, but honestly, I wasn't worried at all that Lampard will score!!! I was pretty sure he would missed, and he did. I think that caused England to lose confidence and hence the game.

- Viana missed! (viana is good-looking!!! Adding him to the list!)
- Hargreaves scored!
- Petit missed!
- Gerrard also missed! ( You would think that I might have a hard time decided if I want gerrard to score or miss, wouldn't you? To tell you the truth, I was quite sure he would miss! I know i'm being a bad supporter here. But the thing is Gerrard is not a penalty taker. Very seldom does gerrard scored from penalty! I'm his supporter for 6 years and I know better!!! So he missed! I felt sorry for him, especially when I saw the disappointment on his face! But again, i was on Portugal side today!!!)
- Postiga scored!
- Carragher missed! I really wanted Carragher to scored. I was pretty confident that even if Carra scored, Portugal would still win. Carra deserved more than what Eriksson had given him!(Eriksson was really lousy!!! England don't deserve to go even to the quarter final with such a "stupid" coach!!! If someone should be blamed for England's failure, it gotta be Eriksson. Yeah, I'm bias towards him, so what? He hasn't done anything impressive to earn my support! I dont' care if Gerrard disgarees with my view!!!) So I thought scoring the penalty would do Carra some justice. But he missed it! He's obviously very nervous! It's his first time shouldering such a heavy responsibility anyway!!!
- Ronaldo scored. No surprise! I think if he didn't score he would cry like a baby again. Well, no tears for him today!!! ( Huga Viana is the one on the left)

No comments: